after visiting wagamama in boston, michael and i have been wanting to experiment by making our own asian noodle bowls. tonight was my first attempt and i have to say that i loved them. here’s the recipe – downsized from a rachael ray recipe to feed two people.
asian noodle bowls
- 6 oz. fresh linguine noodles
- 3 chicken tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 oz. mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1.5 c. snow peas, cut in half diagonally
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally into bite-sized pieces
- 2 handfuls angel hair cabbage
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 quart veggie stock
- small handful cilantro
add noodles to boiling water and boil for 3 minutes. heat up veggie stock to boiling and add bite-sized pieces of chicken, poaching for 5 minutes. drain noodles and divide into two large soup bowls. top with raw veggies, dividing them equally between the two bowls. when chicken is done, divide chicken & the broth between the two bowls. cover tightly with foil and let steam for 5 minutes. top with cilantro and slurp away! i seasoned my bowl with a bit of salt, pepper, and soy sauce. yum.