so, it’s the new year. i haven’t posted in a while… really took advantage of the break for the holidays! i have to say that this was one of the best breaks i’ve ever had. when i was younger, i didn’t really appreciate the break for all it was worth. as i got into high school, i worked a lot through my holiday breaks, so while it was a break from school i definitely still had a lot going on. the time off that i had this year from christmas through new year’s was the longest break that i’ve had since i was a sophomore in high school! wow. some highlights were:
- being at my mom’s in the hill country for six days!
- staying up late every night & still getting eight hours of sleep
- going on challenging, hilly runs on the ranch that my mom lives on
- drinking tons of really delicious coffee
- seeing the christmas lights in Johnson City
- going on a walk with my hubby
- sitting at the amazing starbucks in marble falls – it overlooks the lake!
- cooking with my mom… Cuban black bean soup, big salads with lots of winter veggies, french toast, gumbo.
- getting home and “spring cleaning” with michael! our house feels fresh!
- setting goals for the new year. i’ve really been thinking a lot about what are achievable goals for me for 2009… i’m excited!
i don’t really remember being that inspired to think through goals last new year’s, but this year i feel up for the challenge of thinking through my priorities and setting goals accordingly. this past weekend i set aside time to think through the things that are important to me and what action will help me grow in different areas. some of my goals are:
- run a 1/2 marathon (physical)
- read one book a month (mental)
- memorize one passage of scripture a month (spiritual)
- carve out “personal” time for myself each week (emotional)
i’m excited about seeing what all 2009 holds! happy new year!